1. SLOW DOWN! Take time to deeply RELAX!
And we do not mean sitting in front of the TV for hours on end. You need to let go of the day’s activities through the process of unwinding. Try our free audio A Guided Yoga Relaxation to Stay Stress-Free.
2. BREATH. Learn to breath PROPERLY until it becomes natural. Start with abdominal breathing (Check our guide 2 Simple Yogic Breathing Exercises to Breath Properly). Now make the breath even by counting, inhale for 3 and exhale for 6. Breathing properly can alleviate many ailments from depression to anxiety plus many other conditions. Here is
3. INTENTION. Set up a daily intention; In yoga we call this SAMKALPA. Early in the morning, or the day before, draw your awareness within and make a statement on how you would like to experience your day. e.g. 'Today I will perform every action to the best of my abilities overcoming fear and anxiety with the purpose of becoming more peaceful and compassionate with myself and others.'
4. MEDITATE. Learn how to do it! Here’s our free guide: Meditation for Beginners in 12 Steps [Infographic]
5. Eat more fresh foods and vegetables, as the saying goes, ‘You are what you eat’. Feed your body with more wholesome goodness so that it does not get stressed from eliminating toxins! The Best Of All Yogic Foods - How to Make Kitchery or 10 Yogic Foods to Enjoy & 10 Foods to Avoid!
These are tried and tested methods of reducing stress so give it a go and let us know how you fair by leaving us a comment.